Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Buddhism along the rift valley.
Can we study religions and relate to them as a connecting power between people? To get to know each other’s religion with a sense of empathy and interest, with curiosity and dignity. Here, in the desert, people from all religions searched for spiritual experience along history, and they still do today.
In this tour we’ll visit the places where remarkable events left their footsteps, and meet the people that live their religion nowadays.
- Kasar El Yahud, first baptizing site
- St. George monastery: monasticism in the Judaean desert in the byzant era
- Masada: a story of a small group of sieged Jews become a national Israeli narrative
- Moa: Buddhist center in the desert and new global age
- Ketura: Innovated modern Judaism in the Arava region
- Wadi Rum: the desert and Bedouin heritage – the cradle of Islam